|Re: using SPSS Complex Samples [message #9326 is a reply to message #2767]
||Fri, 11 March 2016 04:08
Registered: March 2016
Trevor-DHS wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 11:15|
Here is a simple example of creating a complex sampling plan using a women's recode (IR) data file (open the data file before running the commands):
* Create weight variable.
compute wt = V005/1000000.
* Define strata variable, sometimes V022, V023, or combination of V024 and V025.
compute strata = V022.
* or urban/rural within region..
compute strata = V024*2 + V025.
/DESIGN STRATA= strata CLUSTER= V021
* Define variable to use in analysis.
* Secondary education or higher.
compute sec = (V106 = 2 or V106 = 3).
* Complex Samples Descriptives.
/PLAN FILE = 'C:\Temp\DHS_IR.csplan'
/SUMMARY VARIABLES = sec
/STATISTICS SE CV COUNT POPSIZE DEFF DEFFSQRT CIN
/MISSING SCOPE = ANALYSIS CLASSMISSING = EXCLUDE.
Awesome. thanks Trevor for the example, this will give me something to work off.
[Updated on: Mon, 11 December 2017 18:48] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator