|Re: Child Poverty Analysis for Ethiopia [message #23616 is a reply to message #23602]
||Thu, 21 October 2021 02:51
Registered: October 2021
Thank you for your help. I followed your suggestion and fixed some of my problems. But, since my indicators are many, I need additional help from your side. I have individual, household, household member as well as birth related variables; that looks for merging not PR and KR files, but also BR, FW, HR, and IR. Please may you help me in doing so? FYI, I have listed below the dimensions and indicators I work with. Thank You in advance.
Dimensions and Indicators
• Stunting: child's height-for-age is below -2SD from reference population.
• Skilled birth assistance: unskilled birth attendance.
• Adequacy of ANC services: mother had less than 4 ANC visits during pregnancy or 4+ ANC visits were performed by an unskilled health professional.
• Vaccination: incomplete vaccination.
• Mother's knowledge on ORS for treatment of diarrhoea: mother does not have knowledge.
• Exclusive breastfeeding: child is not exclusively breastfed.
• Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) practices: child is not fed a Minimum Acceptable Diet (MAD).
• Wasting: child's weight-for-height is below -2SD from the reference population.
• Underweight: child's weight-for-age is below -2SD from the reference population.
• Vitamin A supplement: child has not received a vitamin A supplement during the last 6 months.
• School attendance: child is not attending school.
• Grade-for-age: child of primary school age (9-14 years) is attending school with two or more years of delay; child of secondary school age (15-17 years) is attending school with three or more years of delay.
• Illiteracy: child cannot read a full sentence.
• Knowledge on diarrhoea treatment: child lives in a household where no adolescent or adult female knows about ORS for treatment of diarrhea.
• Knowledge about HIV/AIDS: child age 5-14 years lives in a household where none of the adolescent or adult members has knowledge about HIV/AIDS transmission and prevention; child age 15-17 years does not have knowledge on HIV/AIDS transmission and prevention.
Information and participation
• Information devices: no information device (TV, radio, phone or mobile phone) available in the household.
• Participation in community events or conversations: child age 5-14 years lives in a household in which none of the adolescent or adult family members have heard any family planning messages in the last few months through participation in community events or conversations; child age 15-17 years has not heard about family planning messages in the last few months through participation in community events or conversations.
• Water source: household uses an unimproved water source.
• Distance to water: the water source is located more than 30 minutes away than is necessary to fetch water and return to the dwelling.
• Toilet type: household has access to an unimproved toilet type.
• Housing material: Floor, exterior walls or roof of the dwelling where the child resides are made of natural, non-permanent material.
• Indoor pollution: child is exposed to indoor pollution from usage of solid cooking fuels for cooking inside the house with no separate kitchen.