|Instructions for Requesting Changes to the DHS Questionnaires [message #16538]
|Fri, 18 January 2019 11:44
DHS QRE Administrator
Registered: January 2019
Instructions for Requesting Changes to the DHS Model Questionnaires,
Optional Modules, and Biomarkers for DHS-8
- Requests for changes must be made through the DHS User Forum. A section in the DHS User Forum has been set up as a portal to receive requests for changes to the DHS model questionnaires, optional modules, and biomarkers. This portal is organized according to the various health topics that The DHS Program covers. To submit a request for changes, create a post on the DHS-8 Questionnaire Review section of the DHS User Forum under the relevant topic and follow these instructions.
- For DHS-8, The DHS Program has developed standard forms for requesting changes.
Requestors should make their suggestions by filling in one or more of these two forms and attaching the form to your post:
Requestors should frame their requests for additions and revisions in terms of indicators. By an indicator, we simply mean a well-defined statistic that can be measured using the survey or biomarker data. The indicator does not need to be internationally agreed upon or appear on any formal indicator lists.
- Template for Requests for Revisions to the DHS Model Questionnaires, Optional Modules, and Biomarkers for DHS-8
- Template for Suggested Deletions
If multiple indicators are derived from a set of related questions, these indicators should be included on the same submission form. Requestors should submit more than one form if they are requesting indicators that measure discrete concepts.
Create a separate post for each submission form and attach the submission form to your post.
Information that does not fit easily on the submission form can be attached as an additional file to the same post. If there is a separate attachment accompanying the submission form, please indicate this on the form, and attach the file(s) to your post. Any information you wish to provide beyond what is requested on the form can also be entered as text directly in your DHS User Forum post.
If there are questions on the submission form that you feel are not relevant to your requested change, you may leave them blank. However, we require you to respond to questions 2 and 3 on the indicator definition and rationale.
Please post submissions under the relevant topic. Please post submissions only once, and not under multiple topics. If you are unsure which topic is most appropriate, consult the document "Existing questions organized by topic" and make your best guess. If we at DHS feel a post should be re-categorized to facilitate our review process, we will take care of this.
- We encourage you to read posts in your fields of expertise that have been submitted by others and comment on them by writing a reply in the same thread.
- There is no submission form to complete for comments related to the topic areas of sampling and methodology and questionnaire design. Requestors may type their comments directly into their post on the DHS User Forum and/or attach files to their post as needed.
- Questions about the questionnaire review process or how to complete the submission forms can be sent to email@example.com.
DHS QRE Administrator
The DHS Program