Home » Guidelines, FAQs, and usage policy » Usage policy » Introduction and Forum Policies
|Introduction and Forum Policies [message #47]
||Fri, 15 February 2013 15:49
Registered: January 2013
The goal of The DHS Program User Forum is to provide a space for DHS data users to interact, ask questions, and help each other. The aim is to develop a user community that supports each other, with occasional contributions from The DHS Program staff. To provide feedback, please email us at email@example.com.
The role of The DHS Program: The DHS Program forum moderators will review posts for appropriateness and relevance, but may not respond to all posts. DHS moderators may provide basic DHS information and will prioritize questions that other DHS users may not have the answers to. Moderators will also remove spam and other inappropriate posts (see rules below). Forum moderators will not check the accuracy of posted programming, and will not be able to respond to requests for assistance with homework assignments, creation of tables, or provision of detailed programming.
Before posting your question, please search the already existing forum to see if that topic has already been covered. Also please visit http://www.dhsprogram.com to see if your question is addressed in any of our FAQs or through our basic documentation and publications.
Rules for DHS User Forum:
• Members must register with their real name. User names are up to the user (within reason). Inappropriate names and/or usernames, and names that appear not to be real names will be removed.
• DHS staff will use the naming convention: Name-DHS so that users can be assured that the posts coming from these individuals are 'official' DHS responses.
• The forum is a user forum for users to ask and answer each other's questions. DHS staff encourage users to respond to questions. DHS staff will review posts, and may respond to some questions, but only after providing users the opportunity to respond.
• The forum is hosted and maintained primarily in the English language. Posts may be placed in other languages, but DHS staff are only able to participate in English, French, and Spanish.
• Posts are to be made in the relevant forum threads. Users are asked to consider the categories and topics before posting.
• Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
• Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to materials that are copyrighted or re-printing material without permission will have their post removed.
• Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data or information stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
• Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
• Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "How do I merge women's and couple's data file?", "Which weight variable do I use for HIV data analysis?", etc.
• Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be banned from the forum and their post removed.
• Political discussions and politically oriented topics are not allowed on this forum. The moderators reserve the right to remove any political discussions.
• The moderating, support, and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to moderators and not users.
• New topics/country forums can be requested through 1) a request in the Other countries forum to add a new DHS country, 2) a request in the Topics General forum to add a new topic.
[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2014 13:48]
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Mon Mar 27 02:38:19 Eastern Daylight Time 2017